5 Things This Weekend
One of my goals for this year is nourishing my creative side. I picked up a calligraphy starter set from Janna Wilson and over Christmas break, I started practicing. I’m woefully scratchy but I’ve already seen a major improvement from my first little chicken scratches. I’ve really enjoyed practicing my hand lettering skills (woefully scratchy, I must say).
Speaking of creativity, have you heard of Skillshare? I stumbled on it via Joanna Goddard – it’s an online learning community where you can take a wide variety of classes in a ton of different disciplines. Classes are taught by some pretty amazing creatives (I’m particularly stoked about typographer/designer Jessica Hische‘s class on hand lettering). I’m also wanting to take some classes on writing too. Anyway, it’s definitely worth checking out. Pssst – Use my code pencilshavings99 or click the link here and take advantage of Skillshare‘s limited-time promotion: 3 months Premium access to over 2,000 classes for just $0.99!
5 THINGS THIS WEEKEND TO CHECK OUT:
1. Momastery wrote an amazing post on 3 rules for living a creative life. A must-read.
2. Joni Lay’s kitchen makeover with the Home Depot is perfection.
3. A Beautiful Mess‘s new photo editing app for your iPhone is fun and colorful (right up my alley!).
4. Well great. Now I’m gonna have to go have another baby because Oh Joy’s nursery collection for Target is beyond adorable. Gahhhh
5. If you’re scared of glitter, do not – I repeat, DO NOT – click on this. You’ve been warned. (How do they even do this?! Or get it out once they take the shot?!)
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.