In the last 24+ hours
- Wake up
- Rush to get self presentable and get child ready
- Scream out of driveway at 8:45am to head to Bible Study Fellowship that starts at 9:10.
- Drive thru McD’s on the way to get a quality high fructose corn syrup-laden breakfast for self and child.
- Rush child into his class at BSF.
- Take the elevator upstairs b/c I’m too lazy to walk up the stairs in my heels.
- Fall exhausted into chair to discuss last chapter of John.
- Listen to amazing lecture – the last of the semester!
- Pick up child who had a fearful moment and freaked out during kids’ BSF over a man feeding some fish in a pond outside. ???
- Eat lunch.
- Naptime for child.
- Worktime for mommy: ads, layouts, announcements, etc.
- Pass out briefly for 20 minutes.
- Awake to the cries of “Mom. MOM. MOOOOOOOOM!”
- Glad to finally think about Farmers Market on day it actually happens so we go.
- Purchase strawberries and fresh bread.
- Target for the purchase of big boy pants and regular ol’ diapers. And pasta sauce.
- Home in the rain.
- Creation of dinner while working on projects and returning of emails.
- Change sheets. Or wait. Was that the day before???
- Eat dinner.
- Run to deliver a final proof to client. Think to self, “Maybe I’ll take a moment and run an errand or two while out.”
- NOT HAPPENING.
- Frantic call from spouse because child will not calm down because Mommy is MIA.
- Drive home lawfully fast.
- Comfort visibly distressed child. Make first of 3 attempts at bedtime.
- Application of medicine to now-fevered child.
- Eat strawberry bread purchased at Farmers’ Market.
- Bedtime attempt #2. Bedtime prolonged to allow medicine to kick in and reduce fever. Ears are being tugged at.
- Put child to bed. Sleep ensues.
- Mommy passes out on couch next to spouse. Rouses briefly to fall into actual bed.
- Third attempt at bedtime around 2:30am to watch Elmo for an hour b/c child is feverish and frantic again. Ear throbbing.
- Awake. Barely. Against my will.
- Watch Cars and Elmo simultaneously to improve sick and sad toddler’s mood.
- Child into shower. Mommy into shower. Removal of Wednesday’s makeup in shower.
- Cereal consumed.
- Hair dried.
- Calls placed to pediatrician despite child’s hysteria.
- Troubleshooting on design projects.
- Off to pediatrician. Bribery commenced to keep child from having total meltdown.
- Child melts down somewhat, but better than before. Child reminds mommy of bribe after it’s all over with.
- Meet Daddy at Sbux for snack.
- Retrieval of bribe incentive at Toys R Us.
- Rush home to meet grandparents.
- Quick change of outfit.
- Rush to lunch to be interviewed for BSF leadership position. Am I visibly sweating?
- Delicious lunch.
- Rush home to be there before child awakes.
- 10 minutes of quiet before The Awakening.
- Shower #2 of the day for child.
- Application #2 of fever reducer for child.
- Watching Cars for the second time of the day.
- Retrieval of antibiotics to treat double whammy ear infection.
And we haven’t even made it to 5:00 yet today!
What on earth did I do before I had Jude?
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.