Valentine’s Day 2014
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! We’re on winter break here, which I was completely unaware of until last weekend when I decided to casually review the school calendar. Which is to say, we are also at that point in the school year where I’m barely cleaning out Jude’s backpack every day, not to mention the fact that he has now ripped every single pair of pants he has in the knees. EVERY SINGLE PAIR. How is this even possible?
Happy Valentine’s Day, kid, I got you some new khaki uniform pants. Because OMG. I cannot even deal with the holes.
His class had their little Valentine party yesterday and it was pretty much the cutest thing ever. One of the kindergarten teachers pulled me aside to tell me how sweet Jude is to her and he’s not even her student. It made me feel really good. He has such a precious sweet little heart. Jude also tells me on a daily basis how he goes to the school nurse every day to get ice packs for any of the kids that get hurt on the playground. Which makes me think that he must be known in the school office as The Ice Boy and that maybe I need to go chat with the school secretary to see how much we owe the school in ice?
In other news, Simon is headed tomorrow to the Land of the Warmer Temperatures (Phoenix!) for a conference. For Jude and I, this means every night is a sleepover in The Big Bed and quite possibly also lots of pizza delivery and cereal for dinner (don’t judge – I know you like it too). But I can’t be too upset about Simon escaping winter here because we booked our spring break adventure last week. We’re all ramped up for another Disney cruise and I am already counting the days. Plus Simon’s grandmother is going with us and she is a ton of fun.
Finally, a few fun things to check out over the weekend –
- New in the shop are the gold foil gemstone prints pictured above! They come as an 8×10 art print and also as a mini lucite tray. LOVE. FYI – if you’re thinking about getting one of the mini trays, I’d snap one up quickly as we’ve almost completely sold out of our first ruun.
- I’ve bought 2 of these J.Crew lightweight merino tunics — they are utter perfection and the perfect piece to transition from heavy winter clothes to warmer spring days.
- Speaking of winter, here’s 3 ways to tie a scarf.
- This shoot over at Studio DIY is so crazy graphic fabulous.
- Need last minute Valentine inspiration? This Pinterest board is full of fun ideas.
- This is still our most re-pinned post over the last week. The striped vase is an easy DIY!
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.