Shopping: Nuts over Navy
As an art student, our running joke was that graphic designers only wear black – it was our supposed uniform. And while black always has its moment, I have to say that my most favorite neutral is navy blue. To me it’s less harsh than black and has more personality. Plus almost any color looks amazing paired with navy. Let’s look at some of my favorite navy items for fall.
1. J.Crew Peplum jacket (deliciously soft and surprisingly versatile)
2. J.Crew Oversize merino sweater (you better believe the moment it cools off in OKC that I will be snatching this one up)
4. Splendid stripe top (easily dressed up or down. Also, can I have that model’s hair?) (Also: similar look for less)
3. Dogeared Anchor studs
5. AG Prima cigarette stretch jean (I just bought these and I may never take them off. They are truly magic jeans and deliciously soft/stretchy. A MUST-HAVE, especially if you’re curvy and want skinny jeans)
6. J.Crew Pixie Pant (another must-have if you’re looking for leggings to layer with sweaters. It’s a heavier weight than a legging and deliciously flattering.)
But the fun part is figuring out what colorful accessories you’re going to pair with all this navy.
Classic Girl >>> Holst + Lee necklace // Gap Anchor Loafers
Preppy Girl >>> Sperry Top Siders // Jack Spade tote bag
Uptown Girl >>> Bracelet // Kate Spade Bow Belt
Showstopper Girl >>> Kate Spade Chandelier Earrings // ASOS Pointed Flatform wedge flats
I’m curious — what’s your favorite neutral? For awhile I was also really into chocolate brown, but it doesn’t seem to be as popular anymore?
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.