In my Bag: Pool Preparedness
This post is underwritten by Old Navy. Whether you’re looking for a tankini, bikini, or a one piece, Old Navy has you confidently covered at a great price.
Now that we’re several weeks into summer vacation, I’m finally getting my routine together on swimming preparedness. Yesterday I met Susan and the kiddos at the pool and we were discussing how we get prepped for the near-constant trips to the pool. In my opinion, being a parent is kind of like having to be prepared for World War III at the drop of a hat. Moreso when you’ve got a newborn (hello, blowouts), but also for older kids too. Jude always wants goggles and pool toys at the ready; the handful of times they haven’t made it back into the pool bag have made pool trips nearly a wash. No pun intended.
Here’s what’s always in our bags:
- Rash Guard – keeps that fair skin from sunburn without having to apply loads of sunscreen to his sensitive skin
- Swim trunks
- Flipflops for the mad dash back to the car
- A bag that doesn’t mind a little water (and will dry out quickly if it gets wet!)
- Sunscreen for that face and any exposed parts (natch!)
- multiple pairs of goggles (I bought a 3-pack to stave off you know they’re going to get lost)
- pool toys
- water guns (again, in multiples; it’s hard being a gangster)
- A bag built to take some serious abuse
- Cute one-piece swimsuit (because we know I’m all about a glamour girl swim look!)
- Cover-up in a fun print
- Loads of sunscreen, especially for my face
- Bottle of water (I LOVE Bobble! Have you tried them?)
- Reading material
- lip balm
Anything I’m missing? What’s in your pool bag?
Thank you again to Old Navy for sponsoring my post. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.