The best pumpkin bread recipe ever
You guys, this is quite possibly the best pumpkin bread recipe ever. You cannot even mess this up. I can’t tell you the delight in my little food-lovin’ heart when I start seeing the cans of pumpkin on the shelves. And I am definitely NOT a food blogger, but this recipe is too good not to pass along. A year or two ago I stumbled on what is my most favorite pumpkin bread recipe & it’s practically foolproof. Last night I made the first batch for the season and I cannot stop eating it.
Pencil Shavings Pumpkin Bread
makes 2 loaves
- 1 cup cooking oil, ( walnut or peanut is best)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin (one can)
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I use white, but I wonder what it would be like w/ wheat flour)
- 2 tsp salt (I like kosher)
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I use it if I have it)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves (I almost never have this, so don’t stress)
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cups pecans, chopped (optional)
- Confectioners sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix wet ingredients and then mix into the dry ingredients. Be sure and mix them just enough to moisten ingredients. Don’t overdo it! Add pecans if you want (I always omit this part because I never put nuts in stuff).
4. Spoon into 2 greased and floured loaf pans and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Sometimes it takes awhile to get that center nice & cooked, so keep an eye on it. The trick is to not overfill the loaf pans to begin with. After you take them out of the oven, let them cool. Dust with confectioners sugar to garnish. Or just start eating it up w/ a healthy dose of honey butter.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.