Y’all. I married the right man. That Simon Shingleton, I tell ya. It’s been a crazy few weeks workwise, and we need to get away. So he found us a surprise last-minute deal and is whisking (wheee) me away to Las Vegas this very same weekend. Happy birthday indeed!
For us, Vegas is a 3-4 day kind of town. After that, we’ve had enough clang clang clang of the smoky casino and we’re ready to head home. Vegas is more fun than a cruise; it’s got better food, better shopping, bigger bathrooms in the hotel room, and there’s no seasickness! Bonus!
So my darlings, while I am gone with my honey to get romantic, eat, and window-shop myself silly, get excited about the amazing things I have coming your way next week, including a fantastic giveaway and the big reveal of Pencil Shavings Studio’s new blog look.
Check out these links as we head into the weekend (as I woefully didn’t pull together a #FF in time for today)…
- Can I just tell you how many people I’ve talked to in real life who said they don’t wear shorts either? The comments over at my post on shorts have got my wheels turning. Add your two cents!
- I love the “Things I’m Afraid to Tell You” movement happening in the blogosphere. Ez Pudewa posts about getting real in the land of blog perfection.
- Check out this house tour of a real life horse ranch at StephModo. Can I come stay?
- A cute style post by Bri at Designlovefest, inspired by her toddler self.
- Finally, I’m in love with everything that Will at Bright.Bazaar posts. Color extravaganza!
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.