Recap: Social Media for Bloggers
On Saturday I had the distinct pleasure of hosting a roundtable speed mentoring class on social media for bloggers. (Did I mention that it was also EngageOKC‘s inaugural event? Yup!) Each time there’s a blogger get-together, the circle keeps growing and growing. And that, my friends, thrills me to pieces. I love getting to meet other people who are as excited about blogging as I am. I was so humbled when EngageOKC asked me to talk about my perspective on social media and facilitate a discussion on what’s working, and maybe more importantly, what’s not.
So here’s a little rundown on what we talked about Saturday.
– Concerned about not having enough comments on your blog? Comment back to those who do take the time to comment; you’ll automatically double your comment count.
– Use Instagram to give readers an insider’s view on your life. Are you a food blogger? Photograph some really great find at the farmers’ market. A fashion blogger? Give a sneak peek of your gorgeous jewelry in tomorrow’s style post.
– Don’t hound other users to “come like my profile! Follow me! Follow me! Follow me!” It doesn’t come across as confident.
– Post things that are meaningful and interesting. Overposting dilutes your brand.
– Make meaningful comments on other users’ photos.
You might also enjoy:
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.