Memorial Day Weekend
Highlights I want to remember:
- Being in my swimsuit all weekend long and feeling just slightly tan.
- Lounging in the languid, warm pool (just like in Temecula!)
- Jude, discovering the sprinklers for the first time and opening his mouth wide to taste the water
- Sitting with my mom in the piano room, watching her hold J and feed him cinnamon rolls
- Baby cardinals in their nest just outside the window
- Simon and Eric’s bike ride up to POPS in Arcadia (39 miles round trip! Go S!)
- Lunch at the Spicy Pickle in Edmond, followed up with OrangeTree fro yo
- Iced tea and limeade punch. Not together, though.
- Simon’s yummmmm hamburgers and delicious cream cheese cake w/ fruit filling
- Jude’s 2nd blowout while only in his 2nd time swimming in the pool. And subsequent hose-down in the grass.
- Cousins sleeping all together on pallets at Grandmother & Grandaddy’s
- Sudden rain storms out of nowhere, and everybody sprinting from the pool for their towels. Thunder and lightning quickly follow, confirming our need to exit the pool w/ haste.
- The mass consumption of popsicles by the whole clan while bobbing in the pool on Monday.
- This conversation overheard between Amy & Matthew about consumption of popsicles. “How many have you had, Matthew?” “Oh, Mom, only six so far.” !!! 🙂
I hope your Memorial Day weekend was fun and relaxing! Summer, we welcome you!
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.